Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lewis Hamilton had cruel disappointment in Spanish GP

Unfortunately Lewis Hamilton crashed out of second place on the second to last lap. Mark Webber led the race from start to finish and Hamilton looked set for a certain podium until a front left puncture without him a expensive points finish

"It was very disappointing," an extremely upbeat Lewis said to reporters in the paddock. "It was quite a good race for me - I had really good fun out there and it's nice to take a step forward. It would have been perfect for the team, in terms of the Constructors' Championship and also for the Drivers', but I don't know what it was.

"I was just cruising the finish line, really. To catch up with Mark (Webber) was just impossible, really, but I'm absolutely blown away that something likes that can happen in the last two laps - anyway, that's motor racing and you just have to keep your chin up."


Formula 1 Spanish GP Race Result

Images © Sutton Images