Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sebastian Vettel: I think I was able to go faster

Depressing Vettel was in not interesting to give interviews in the immediate aftermath of his crash with team-mate Mark Webber on Sunday while the German did talk to reporter’s just minute’s later, emotion that he was able to going quicker than Webber.

"Well I mean I'm not very happy now, obviously, after something like this happening but, yeah, I mean we were all pretty much same conditions - same speed, same pace," Red Bull driver Vettel clarify to dozens of reporters in the Istanbul circuit paddock. "I felt I was able to go quicker and came close on the last two or three laps before incident. I dived down the inside and all of a sudden I lost the car - on the TV you can see we touched."


When asked who he felt was dependable for the Turn 12 discomfiture, Vettel answered:


"Well I'm not the kind of guy who gives one…one that pushes the fault to one guy; we are a team at the end of the day we have to respect that fact."Unfortunately my race is over - it was important points for the team, for myself, it's not the best case."


Images © Getty Images
Images source:espnf1


Vettel and Webber on crash overtaking in Photos