Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Schumacher will struggle to match Rosberg - Webber

Mark Webber is not expecting Michael Schumacher to get the upper hand on Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg at any point this season.

Webber was Rosberg's team-mate at Williams in 2006 and thinks he is a tough competitor for a returning driver to face. He also reckons Schumacher will need the best part of the season to even get on an equal footing with Rosberg.

"I have never ever seen a phenomenal comeback," Webber said. "I think it will be a bloody hard season for him. I wouldn't expect him to beat Nico - I expect it to be close. Rosberg is competitive and I would say Schumacher is too."

At the first race in Bahrain Schumacher appeared to be struggling with understeer on the new narrower front tyres while Rosberg looked far more comfortable. But when asked what strengths he had over his illustrious team-mate Rosberg remained coy.

"I cannot answer that," he said. "But no one is perfect, so there are certainly areas where I am strong. What I want this season is to be at eye-level with Michael. And I think that I can show a strong performance in Australia."


Source:EspnF1.com