Friday, March 26, 2010

Schumacher: I'm just a human not a magician

Seven times World Champion Schumacher comeback with Mercedes GP in Bahrain Race and he is happy with finished 6th place, a honestly attainment after 3 year layoff, Schumacher grants that there were others who required better from him. I know that people have a lot of belief in me and I'm proud of that, but then I'm not a magician either," said the seven-time World Champ is quoted by ITV. I'm just human.

I have been about long enough to know what it takes, how much concentration to details and how significant little fine-tuning is, and you can't expect me to just be there straightaway. In general I was fairly happy - I had a good start, a clean race, and no errors. The lap times were spirited for the standard of the car.

For me it was a fine start after this kind of break, I was fairly happy with this. I wasn't vision lash out everyone's arise, but neither was I kicked, so I'm okay. One of the features that caught people's concentration was the fact that Schumacher was beaten by his team-mate Nico Rosberg, both in qualifying and in the grand prix. Schumacher, though, isn't at all fazed that first blood went to the younger German.

It was the other way around in the past, but it was the first race of the beginning of a new challenge for me, so I'm relaxed about it, he said. He's a very good and fast driver - I don't think I need to be ashamed of where I was in Bahrain."Looking ahead to this weekend's race in Australia, the 41-year-old admits that Mercedes GP have some way to go before they catch the Red Bulls, Ferraris and even the McLarens.

We have a fair amount to catch up, he said.

The matter of fact is that we are a new team and we have to develop ourselves. The car was started long before it was clear which drivers would be on board. You have to see what issues you have and then develop accordingly."He added: "I'm mainly here for enjoyment, but at the same time I'm not only here for big laughs - I want to win.

The joy is much higher if you're successful.

imgaes Copyrighted as Gettyimages