Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lewis Hamilton sought new manager

Lewis is on the chase for a new manager after announcing that his father, Anthony, will no long time stand for his business interests. In an conference with Autosport, Hamilton said that in spite of his father guiding his career since he was eight, the time has now come for the relationship to change. I am 25 at this time - and I think it was predictable that there had to be change at some point, lewis said. In excess of the past few years, we looked about to see if we could bring someone else into the picture to help with the situation - whether to help with guidance, or sponsors, or whatever it was. We looked at it and I just never felt comfortable with anyone else. At the time I loved my dad being my manager and captivating care of things, because I faith him.

New managers you hire as employees, but my dad is my dad. I know he does belongings for only the right reasons, and I can just faith him with my full heart. But all of this time we were discussing bringing somebody else in, we never quite had the confidence to do it. I think we're now at the point where we are looking to take that step - and I think it is a positive step. I've been in F1 for quite a while now and I wouldn't have been able to do it without him. He's done a fantastic job. But he's done that job."

Division of the cause for the split is that Anthony Hamilton's other business interests carry on to grow, counting situation up a new school for promising drivers called GP Prep. He also manages Force India test driver Paul di Resta and karting star Nyck de Vries. The most significant thing for me is that I have been with my dad working on my career since I was eight years old, and it was therefore hard to go and do father-and-son things, he thought. When we were at the race track he was always my manager, so we always did business things not father-and-son things. What I am really, really excited about now is having my dad just as my dad. I want to have a manager, who can take care of all the stresses and do all the other stuff, and then I want to do dad things with my dad.

On a few stage I am going to have to have a new manager. My dad will steer me and help me with the change, and even the assortment, but as a dad. The great thing is, I am here at McLaren for the next three years at least - and of course without my dad I would not be in this position. But we at McLaren are a family, the guys all help look after me in many ways, so there is no need for us to rush to find a new manager. We just want to take the right steps in the right time.